Semi-skilled Machinist (2nd Shift)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01252257 Date posted 01/02/2019 City York State Nebraska Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:A06: York - Aerospace 2800 Division Avenue, York, NE, 68467 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Collins-York is looking for motivated & energetic people to join our 2-shift operation. All work is done in a clean, climate-controlled facility where we put safety & quality first in everything we do. Impressive benefit's package--including up to 3-weeks vacation, 100% company-paid college tuition & books, and $1.25 per hour shift premium for 2nd & 3rd shifts. Current openings are for 2nd and/or 3rd shifts, but applicants must be willing to work any shift.
Selected candidates will operate CNC lathes, mills, grinders & other specialized CNC & manual equipment and/or perform finish work & marking of piece parts in various stages of production. Machinists will be expected to set-up & run machines on a wide variety of operations involving multiple machines that convert raw materials to precision semi-finished goods within print tolerance specification. Required to obtain inspection certification through on-the-job training & testing.
Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years' experience required on CNC Controlled production machines and proficient in measurement equipment or degree in related field
- Computer skills & ability to learn & use multiple computer applications (including e-mail, internet, & other job-specific applications)
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments & basic hand tools
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (add & subtract decimals)
- Ability to read, interpret & follow blueprints
- Comply with all company policies & procedures
- Communication & interact with others in a professional, polite, & cooperative manner
- 20% voluntary overtime
- Required to obtain inspection certification through on-the-job training & testing
- Standing/walking: 85% and in areas that are in close proximity to other equipment.
- Sitting: 15%
- Lift/carry: less or equal 10 lbs at 60%, less than or equal 25 lbs 30%, and less than or equal 35 lbs 10%
- Push/pull: normal usage with horizontal pressure for clamping parts, use push carts/fork carts to move hardware.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.) Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms