Unit position Assembler CBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01368248 Date posted 11/09/2019 City Winston-Salem State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC31: US095-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
- Work from verbal instructions, work orders, trim and finish drawings, pick sheets, and technical drawings. Perform assembly installations and adjustment operations on all sub-assembly components. Perform basic trim operations to fabricate, assemble, cover, pad, and install all types of upholstery on aircraft seats. Make all final adjustments, alignments, and corrections necessary to assure compliance to all quality and specification requirements.
NOTE: Due to the diverse nature of Assembly, which includes the Repair Station, Plastics, Sub-Assembly, and Food Tray Assembly, the subject job description includes the combined responsibilities and duties for the entire department. Certain responsibilities are required in one area but not in others, thus they are included in but not restricted to each of these areas.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Perform all sub-assembly and component assembly operations (bonding, riveting, etc.) required to complete sub-assembled components.
- Understand and utilize trim and finish drawings, work orders, job cards, and verbal/written instructions to properly and efficiently assemble all components.
- Set up and use all types of fixtures, jigs, and testing equipment to complete sub-assembled components.
- Assemble, fit, and adjust metal details and plastic details to assembled structures and weldments.
- Make all final checks and adjustments required for proper functional operation of components.
- Make adjustments and repairs to assemblies by forming, trimming, filling, deburring, reaming, testing, cleaning, and straightening parts and assemblies as required.
- Ensure conformance to blueprints, written procedures, and quality specifications
- Move materials to and from work position
- Keep accurate records and make reports in accordance with work performance requirements
- Smoothly and efficiently meet all production and quality standards
- Identify and notify supervision of non-compliance difficulties
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report all discrepancies to management.
- Represent B/E Aerospace, Inc. in a professional and businesslike manner at all times.
TYPICAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT INVOLVED:
- Rivet guns, hand drills, countersinks, sanders, reamers, wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, punches, and any other hand tool required in the assembly of aircraft seating components.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand work orders, trim and finish drawings, blueprints, job cards, and marked up drawings.
- Working knowledge of basic shop math
- Ability to fill out standard forms and records
- Understanding of all data collection devices and computers, and the ability to enter and retrieve data from PCs as required
- Ability to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to 50 pounds
NOTE: The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms