Project Engineer, Cost OptimizationBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01342907 Date posted 08/12/2019 City Winston-Salem State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC31: US095-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
The Project Engineer, Cost Optimization position is for an established professional in Engineering. Typically works with limited supervision to achieve cost savings objectives impacting supply chain strategies and operational goals. Is responsible for analyzing data, applying engineering principles to determining cost opportunities, and working Interiors Systems businesses to make minor changes. Will explain policies, practices and procedures to other functions to support Supply Chain Strategy.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the Product Line Engineering, Supply Chain and Operations Teams to identify, lead and deliver cost reduction projects.
- Work all three streams of cost management; sourcing, negotiation and design.
- Leads efforts to optimize cost, minimize risk, increase cash, and eliminating waste at the program and commodity level.
- Use CAD and Analytics to analyze designs and generate details necessary to propose and sell cost savings opportunities.
- Work with site specific engineering groups to execute the cost savings projects through redesign, certification and sourcing.
- Success in the role can be achieved by having experience in design engineering and supply chain knowledge across multiple regions and commodities.
- Ability to self-motivate, work in ambiguous environments and determine industrious solutions to move forward will all be tested in this role.
- Challenge existing design concepts and technology choices to ensure product is designed to optimize quality and cost.
- Skills required will be a combination of project management, engineering/manufacturing knowledge and a proven ability to integrate and function in multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ideal candidates for this role have held multi-faceted positions in Design and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Drives year or year Cost Reductions on multiple commodities and Interior Systems Programs.
- Monitors new products available on the market and analyzes new sources of supply to recommend suppliers, satisfy project requirements, and reduce costs.
- Understands new and emerging technologies in the commodity supply base. Tracks and socializes alternative technologies and associated implications on cost, quality and risk.
- Manage high risk and complexity work package transfers; buy-to-buy and make-to-buy, buy-to-make.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to ~25% domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Self-starter with proven track record of implementing/executing complex projects.
- Working knowledge of aerospace commodities (metals, composites and plastics).
- Analytical skills and ability to furnish a business case.
- Experience working with CAD software such as NX, Solidworks, Pro-E, and/or Catia.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access) applications.
- Understands Aerospace Certification, FAA/Airframe requirements, impacts of design changes and experience in navigating through the engineering change process.
- Familiar with Aerospace supplier quality, engineering, manufacturing and material control requirements.
- Experience in delivering value engineering projects.
- Experience using and/or willingness to learn and use NX and Teamcenter
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms