ITC Import SpecialistBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01385424 Date posted 01/24/2020 City Winston-Salem State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC32: US096-Winston-Salem (Oak Plaza 190 Oak Plaza Boulevard , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team? The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position is for a Seasoned International Trade Compliance professional working independently. Advises on the operation of compliance programs, implements compliance policies, and maintains trade compliance records.
- Overseeing and assisting in the U.S. import program for the Interiors business unit.
- Preforms processing of imports including Harmonized Tariff Classification, Country of Origin determinations, Valuation and OGA/PGA certifications.
- Coordinates with third party providers (freight forwarders, customs brokers) that handle the company’s imports/ exports and provide clearance instructions to facilitate the release of import/export shipments.
- Posts entry audits to ensure compliance with customs regulations and maintain broker metrics.
- Analyzes bill of materials to support part qualifications for preferential duty programs.
- Assists in the preparation of responses to governmental and other regulatory audits/inquires.
U.S. Import clearances and process improvement.
Management of various duty and duty mitigation programs in the US.
Implementation of import processes and standard work.
- Strong understanding of Import and Export Regulations in the US.
- Strong financial/operations/engineering background.
- Experience with developing and implementing programs and working with dual use goods.
- Ability to analyze and apply regulations to various import business processes and functions.
- Ability to drive data and data analytics to predict gaps and problem solve.
- Ability to apply program management skills and timelines to address issues and drive process improvement.
- Strong Excel and Access Database skills.
- Experience with SAP, JD Edwards, GTS or other engineering drawing software.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms