Senior Design EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 473714 Date posted 01/11/2020 City Winnipeg State Manitoba Country Canada
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Product Design Engineer in our business located in Winnipeg, Mb, Canada.
The Mechanical Product Design Engineer will be a engineering representative and participate as a team member within an Integrated Project Team. They will be responsible for the engineering details of new customer introductions, new product development, and/or sustaining activities that include top level assembly creation in NX or Catia. They will publish parts lists, peer reviews of models ensuring customer requirements are met, and serve as the overall engineering design focal for their program. They will ensure new designs meet cost and performance targets, as well as troubleshoot issues related to field data, manufacturing pickups, and engineering errors.
- Creation of top level assembly models in NX, or Catia.
- Creation of new detailed components and subassemblies.
- Creation of new design options for new customer requirements and follow these designs through purchasing, testing, and operations.
- Conduct and support internal design reviews.
- Support customer meetings as technical focal.
- Publish parts lists.
- Conducting peer reviews of models and drawings.
- Creating design solutions to support change requests.
- Updating the weight matrix of their assigned programs.
- Understanding new customer requirements and how they can be met.
- Coordinates with the integrated product team as the engineering representative. Other disciplines within the team include electrical engineers, stress engineers, flammability engineering, purchasing, operations and program management.
- As required they will support manufacturing, operations, and testing as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and five plus related experience and/or training in product design; or equivalent combination of education and experience in product design.
- Must have relevant 3D solid modeling and drafting experience. NX is preferred; however Catia, Solidworks or other systems will also be acceptable.
- NX (formally Unigraphics)
- Siemens Teamcenter
- Ability to interact with high levels of internal and external management
- Able to make clear and concise customer presentations
- Experience with kaizen workshops or other lean activities
- Experience with updating or authoring standard work and processes
- Strong engineering skills including mechanisms, kinematics, kinetics, free body diagrams, and how stresses flow through a particular design.
- Strong ability and proven track record of multitasking by owning several projects and running them simultaneously.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with individuals whose first language is not English.
- Must be able to research and investigate design solutions and work independently.
- The ability to interpret 2D drawings including a good understanding of GD&T and perform tolerance stackups.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.