Mgr ProgramBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 470255 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Winnipeg State Manitoba Country Canada
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Program Manager in our business located in Winnipeg, Mb, Canada.
The Program Manager manages all aspects of a project from start to finish according to specifications, on time and within budget. The Program manager serves as liaison between leadership and other parties involved. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. They develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and responsibilities.
- Supports management by administering plans, time frames, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, either personally or through subordinate staff.
- Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units becomes actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Works on problems of intermediate scope where analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Works with the Engineering Manager to report on engineering tasks, and drive the planning and design efforts from inception through production both in new product design and in existing product redesign for the specified project.
- Works with the Manufacturing Manager to report on manufacturing tasks, and drive the planning and design efforts from inception through production both in new product design and in existing product redesign for the specified project.
- Works with Certification Manager to ensure analysis and tests support product delivery.
- Serves as the primary contact point, both internal and external, within a specified project for all aspects of design and implementation.
- Compiles status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Management, or Program Management from four-year College or university; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Aerospace experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a manufacturing environment, especially in the aerospace industry.
- PMP certification.
- Technical engineering knowledge and understanding.
- Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders in a matrixed organization; ability to build strong relationships.
- Advanced MS Office Suite Skills
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.