Sustainability Co-OpBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01300158 Date posted 03/21/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting the Central EH&S or EHS team with tracking implementation of EH and S initiatives and projects across the organization
- Assist the Central EH&S or EHS team with updating and reviewing all Collins Aerospace EH and S training materials
- Data entry in EH&S or EHS reporting system as required
- Gathering data on open items from Collins Aerospace sites on sustainability metrics or projects
Education / Certifications
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Ability to manage time to complete tasks assigned
- Attention to detail - this job requires writing programs, instructions and compliance with all EHS regulatory and Collins Aerospace EHS requirements
- Communication skills - ability to speak with all levels of an organization both verbally and written
- Computer skills required - Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms