Sr. Supplier Quality Assurance, Space SystemsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01309116 Date posted 04/23/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
UTC Aerospace Systems makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Quality Supplier, for our Quality Organization, whose role is to:
- Manage supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal MRB processes Through clinic methodology. Which may include initiating part specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions. Supports supplier qualification / certification. Manages source inspection and material release processes. Performs Escape management procedures, drives root cause analysis & problem solving and recommends corrective and preventive action for systemic process and product design problems for product provided by suppliers. Proactively supports the UTC Supplier Gold program to ensure healthy continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Analyses quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation. Ensures that supplier is capable to meet all requirements flowed own within UTAS Contracts. Perform Quality System Management Audits at suppliers Performs a variety of activities relating to the testing performed by other quality functions. Performs witnessing of functional testing of products to ensure proper functioning of electrical, mechanical, and chemical performance. Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect product at a supplier for conformance to engineering requirements.
- Uses a variety of measuring devices, equipment, and statistical control processes. Performs in-process, final bench and product feature inspections. Performs First Article Inspections (FIA) and conformity inspections. Raises notifications of non-conformance, quarantines non-conforming product. Domestic travel could be > 70%.
Education / Certifications
- The select candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology|. AS9100D Lead Auditor Certification a plus.
- The candidate should have experience with QA systems such as AS9100, with 2+ years of relevant experience.
This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms