Specialist, Supply Chain Management (New Product Introduction)Businesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 68682BR Date posted 07/09/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
As a Supply Chain New Product Introduction specialist for the Engine Systems business unit located in Windsor Locks, CT you will have the opportunity to scale your core operations skillset to include cross functional leadership, solution based negotiating, cost management activities, strategic commodity coordination, and execution of key customer critical program development activities. New product Introduction (NPI) reads across all aspects of supply chain competencies providing an excellent proving ground for motivated individuals with interest in building a strong base within UTCs supply chain organizations. Success in this role is defined by forging strong supplier relationships, stronger contracts, taking ownership of the development process, and flawless execution to program and organizational goals.
In development supply chain you will be expected to communicate to all levels of the organization, manage procurement activities through all phases of product development (proposal, preliminary design, final design, validation & verification, transition to production), and validation of new program business case proposals. Additionally the candidate will execute PO Placement activities while managing a diverse set of delivery and supplier challenges across engineered items and UTAS make LRU details.
- Taking new programs through the development life cycle while working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) structure.
- Responsible for team execution of development programs in terms of delivery, quality and design to cost targets (both procurement bill-of-material hardware and engineering deliverables).
- Requires a strong integration with Supply Management and leveraging the Commodity Strategies to maximize the impact of new programs for cost reduction without compromise to quality
- Requires direct interface with Senior Management within the business unit customers (Program Managers, etc.) and serves as the link between the program and the supply chain organization.
- Key activities will be driving compliance to procurement procedures within the working team and to develop and execute standard work within the Procurement for development programs up to and including transition to production.
- Understanding of Global logistics including import/export requirements
- Linkage with the customer service organization ensuring supportability of our products in service.
- Key participant in make verse buy decisions and business case analysis
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Aftermarket, Supply Chain or other related disciplines.
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Able to lead in a collaborative team environment
- Project/Program Management Experience
- A track record of managing to plan and achieving customer satisfaction
- Cost sensitivity and business judgment with proven bottom line results
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or other related field.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.