Specialist, Strategic Research & AnalysisBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01352528 Date posted 09/10/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The position will be working at Collins Aerospace with the Strategic Research & Analysis (SRA) team to process research requests and complete analysis of the competitive landscape. The position will work under the direction of the Associate Director and Senior Analysts and be part of a highly motivated team that provides information to Collins Aerospace employees at the various Strategic Business Units worldwide.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding current resources offered to employees via SRA website
- Researching and analyzing information on various competitors, market trends and market data and determine significance, assess implications and provides analysis with recommended actions.
- Prioritizing and coordinating multiple research projects at once
- Monitoring market and competitive intelligence activities to deliver critical strategic insights that enable decision making across product, marketing, sales, distribution, and support.
- Curating business and technical alerts
- Managing information on subscriptions and market intelligence in our SharePoint and Dynamics CRM systems
This position will help an individual to gain knowledge of a working research and analysis team with attention on data sources (online resources, print resources, and reference materials specific to an aerospace-related library), information pathfinders, and technical / business knowledge management. This position offers a unique, broad view of the aerospace systems businesses.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong analytical thinking skills – be able to triangulate data, competitive trends and secondary insights
- Strong project management skills – demonstrated ability to set priorities and work within a diverse and changing environment
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, market research, and/or strategic planning
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on high impact activities and driving strategic initiatives through to execution
- Strong copyright knowledge, in particular knowledge regarding use of copyrighted works in a corporate setting
- Ability to read, analyze and synthesize writings
- SharePoint and Dynamics CRM experience
- Skills and/or knowledge in administration and best practices in digital libraries
- Knowledge Management experience
- Understanding of the Aerospace sector
- Engineering or Technical background
- Library Services
- BA / BS
- Masters Degree (MLIS - Master of Library and Information Science)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement • Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms