Senior Supervisor, Manufacturing & OperationsBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 67187BR Date posted 06/08/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The Supervisor in an Assembly & Test Cell in AMS is responsible for the effective management of a team of hourly associates. This is a leadership role in a high volume production cell that provides critical aerospace products to the OE and Spares market.
- Assignment of work in the cell to support delivery requirements
- Active management of WIP
- Collaboration with Production Control to manage the flow of material in the cell to support delivery requirements
- Collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering to address production issues in a timely manner
- Collaboration with Industrial Engineering to drive continuous improvement projects in the cell.
- Relentlessly work to improve execution, meet and exceed all customer requirements, improve frequency and credibility of information provided to internal and external customers.
- Conduct fact-based analysis using lean techniques and 6S principles to create value and manage to a future state that eliminates waste and drives continuous process improvement
- Ensure that products and deliverable documentation are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe manufacturing environment that meet or exceed our customers' expectations. Monitors, reviews, and improves manufacturing and quality related activities and drives corrective and preventative actions.
- Percent On-Time Delivery to MRP
- Percent On-Time to Work Order Starts
- Percent Overtime
- 5+ years' related experience.
- Understanding of and/or experience implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Possess technical engineering aptitude to understand processes and product line.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Developing operations strategies with a clear focus on improved KPIs and improved performance.
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to, drive change, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate an ability to make decisions under various work situations to achieve the goals.
- The successful candidate will also be a good communicator, highly organized, and have demonstrated an ability to take a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering related discipline.
- Will consider equivalent/relevant work experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.