Senior Manager, ACE - AMSBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01305460 Date posted 04/11/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position leads the Air Management Systems (AMS) Business Unit team of site ACE leaders responsible for driving lean and results. This role establishes and executes ACE/continuous improvement objectives. This role leads the implementation of lean and continuous improvement. The AMS ACE leader is responsible for the ACE maturity, lean strategy, and organizational development. The role will communicate with AMS VP and AMS Business Unit Leaders.
- Development of lean and continuous improvement strategic plans for the AMS business with manufacturing sites around the globe.
- Manages multiple teams focused on major projects specific to establishing and executing department objectives related to implementing lean, continuous improvement, and six sigma (Process Certification) processes in accordance with the ACE Criteria and program directives.
- Directs teams in the deployment of ACE tools and methodologies in business and manufacturing environments to drive best in class processes while gaining recognition as an ACE Practitioner/ACE Master.
- Leads ACE Site Assessments to enable ACE site and cell certifications.
- Evaluates department-wide monthly ACE Performance Metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
- Directs teams on how to properly apply and interpret the ACE criteria to ensure certification as an ACE Silver/Gold assessor.
- Acts as a leading authority and reviews, approves, and oversees ACE training programs to ensure a successful ACE Certification Program.
- Oversees internal ACE/lean trainings and facilitates ACE events.
- Ensures and enables ACE site & Cell certifications.
- Recommends process and procedural changes to ensure that company objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
- Provides process certification, PFMEA, 8D Problem Solving & Red-X and UPPAP element support and training.
- A proven leader who has built organizational capability and succession plans for a global lean organization.
- Travel – 30%.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years proven lean manufacturing experience or an Advanced degree and 8 years proven lean manufacturing experience
- Lean Certification and Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms