Project SpecialistBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 69035BR Date posted 07/12/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry's biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
- Oversees and manages the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects, and liaises between project management, planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Communicates regularly with sponsors and functional owners regarding the status of specific projects.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate ongoing cross-functional team efforts.
- Become the subject matter expert on detailed projects and initiatives.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with Executive Leadership and other staff members.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Serve as escalation point for issues/incidents.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- 5 years of professional experience.
- Fundamental understanding and prior experience in aerospace beneficial.
- ACE/Lean/Six Sigma (Certified ACE Associate preferred)
- Bachelors' degree required.
- Masters' degree preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.