Procurement Senior AssociateBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 67412BR Date posted 06/08/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers around the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters a collaborative environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while coaching and supporting the supply base to ensure they meet our quality standards and achieve success in their lean journey.
We are looking for a Procurement Senior Associate with strong leadership and communication skills, as well as proven ability to work in a challenging environment. The right candidate should able be able to provide a high level of customer focus while meeting business objectives. The role of a Procurement Senior Associate is both exciting & challenging.
This position is in the distributed and fabrications group within the global operations’ organization and requires exceptional problem-solving skills, in addition to the ability to build efficient-working relationships across the many UTAS functional groups, including: Quality, Materials, Continuous Improvement, Production Readiness, Engineering and multiple suppliers.
- Oversee purchase order execution and product delivery, ensuring placement of on-time delivery and schedule agreements, billing adjustments, terminations mitigation, and cost reduction goals execution.
- Responsible for all aspects of supplier relationships, including: delivery, quality performance, cost, inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Comply to UTAS Procurement Manual, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, and Transition Standard Work (TSW).
- Interact with long-distance Regional Office personnel, such as: Delivery Assurance Specialists, Supplier Quality Assurance Representatives (SQARs), and Continuous Improvement Specialists—providing procurement & materials management for the commodities.
- Ensure cost analysis/price justification, market share appropriations, and placement of schedule agreements are completed on-time & in compliance with all appropriate regulations & procedures.
- Engage with relevant Strategic Sourcing teams and participate in long-term sourcing decisions.
- Reduce all forms of quality & delivery turn-backs through weekly QCPC / MRP turnback meetings.
- Implement effective Delivery/Quality Clinics (DQCs) with suppliers, as required.
- Foster active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities and Critical Supplier Reviews (CSRs).
- Develop and meet key program metrics for the team, in addition to standard commodity metrics as defined by the Business Unit and Supply Management control towers.
- 1-2+ years of experience in Buying/Procurement or related Supply Chain role is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the basics of supply chain management, including: buying/procurement, inventory management, manufacturing resources planning (MRP), demand planning, and capacity management.
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience working within manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Previous understanding of ACE operating system and process improvement tools (e.g. standard work, value stream management, passport process, quality clinic process charts, relentless root cause analysis, and 5S)
- Experience managing single-sourced Hardware, Value Engineering, and Part Standardization.
- Aptitude for a self-motivation, and capability of making quick decisions and problem-solving, in addition to having the ability to integrate, interpret, and act on conflicting and/or incomplete information in pursuit of an objective.
- Strong communication skills- both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations Management, Engineering or related field is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.