Procurement ManagerBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 68701BR Date posted 07/09/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
As the Manager of Electro-Mechanical Interface Devices (EMIDs) Procurement for Engine Controls within the broader Global Engines, Airframes and Industrials (GEAI) and Pratt and Whitney Engine Control Systems (ECS) organization located in Windsor Locks, CT you will have the opportunity to scale your core operations skillset to include cross functional leadership, solution based negotiating, cost management activities, strategic commodity coordination, and execution of early life cycle program activities. Procurement reads across all aspects of supply chain competencies providing an excellent proving ground for motivated individuals with interest in building a strong base within UTCs supply chain organizations. Success in this role is defined by forging strong supplier relationships, stronger contracts, taking ownership of development, introduction, and growth stage program processes, along with flawless execution to business unit and organizational goals.
In this role you will be expected to communicate to all levels of the organization, develop talent within your organization, manage procurement activities through all phases of the product life cycle, and partner with other internal functional groups such as commodity to execute strategic initiatives. The identified candidate will manage a small leadership team overseeing a medium sized group of sub contract managers responsible for supplier management, contract creation & execution, on time placement of orders, expediting, and coordination with internal functional groups.
- Driving Compliance to procurement procedures within the working team and to develop, maintain, and execute standard work
- Maintain Linkage with the program and customer service organizations to ensure products are supported in service
- Execution of critical projects and sustained performance to key program metrics (cost, quality, delivery)
- Interfacing with Senior Leadership within the organization, customers, and within the supply base
- Partnering with internal customers and support organizations to drive supply chain activities
- New program entry into service and execution through the early growth life cycle stage
- Supplier performance- On Time Delivery, Buffer Attainment, Perfect Quality
- Integration and coordination of Commodity & Business Unit Strategies
- Developing talent and cultivating a collaborative team environment
- Legacy program execution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Aftermarket, Supply Chain disciplines, or related area with increasing responsibility.
- Project/Program Management Experience
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Able to lead in a collaborative team environment
- Prior management and leadership experience
- A track record of managing to plan and achieving customer satisfaction
- Cost sensitivity and business judgment with proven bottom line results
- Bachelors degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration, Business or related field.
- Masters degree preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.