Mechanical Engineering Summer InternBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 64337BR Date posted 04/16/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Mechanical Engineering intern shall be responsible for:
- Working in a dynamic cross-functional team environment involving Aftermarket Repair Engineers and all support function, as well as supply chain, quality, manufacturing engineers, logistics, and shop personnel.
- Applying technical knowledge to innovate the repair processes, tooling, assembly fixtures, and procedures.
- Organizing and analyzing data sets that outline systemic improvement opportunities.
- Developing and validating processes used in Aftermarket Repair.
- Supporting issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
- Reading and interpreting basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Champion of change and vision
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
- Customer focused
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, or similar field of study.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework by start date.
- GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.