Material Processor III, 2nd ShiftJob ID 01326580 Date posted 06/12/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
- Receive, check, store, issue and ship a variety of items in all material handling areas and maintain inventory control.
- Using assistance and/or powered mechanical means load (not to include forklifts or high bay vehicles), unload, store and deliver a variety of incoming and outgoing material to various locations throughout the facility.
- Prepare and package small and large parts using proper procedures and material.
- Process purchase orders for spare tooling and materials.
- Use computer hardware/software to maintain inventory, enter and retrieve data, receive and disburse material, order material/tools, identify appropriate labels for all processes, and other computer input requirements.
- Operate and maintain a variety of parts preparation, material handling, measuring and packaging equipment; record calibration logs of tools and equipment. Perform operator preventative maintenance tasks; refer major breakdowns to machine maintenance.
- Handle, maintain inventory, shelf life material, and containers. •Maintain all government tooling and property; follow all military regulation requirements.
- Maintain contact with personnel from various customers and support areas to ensure accuracy of material/process.
- Check and prepare, process and file a variety of paperwork pertaining to tasks.
- Use assorted measuring and weight recording devices.
- Assist one or two fellow employees in the proper performance of duties
- Improve process and solve problems in cooperation with fellow employees and technical support group.
- Keep equipment and surrounding areas neat and clean.
- Perform related duties as required within the scope of this job function.
- Requires knowledge of storekeeping methods, clerical and inventory control.
- Ability to use simple gauges, meters, linear measures, scales and procedures.
- Requires basic computer skills to cover all material handling areas.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms