Material PlannerBusinesses UTC Aerospace Systems Job ID 62835BR Date posted 03/13/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines.
ISR & Space Systems Windsor Locks is looking for energetic and highly motivated candidates for its Planning Organization. The position is the focal point for the execution of daily activities to deliver high quality, highly engineered development and production hardware on-time to its customers. The selected candidate will be responsible for the timely performance of various Material Planning tasks ranging from requirements planning through the manufacturing and shipment of deliverables in support of NASA and DoD Programs. Applicants must exhibit a high degree of initiative and sound judgment, working independently and as a member of an Integrated Product Team. It is essential the individual be capable of adapting to changing conditions and work cooperatively in a team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Interface with cross-functional IPD to ensure schedules are adhered to with proper sense of urgency to achieve customer delivery requirements
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks associated with the execution of production plans
- Review and approve engineering changes
- Maintain and create Material Masters and BOMs in MRP System (SAP)
- Maintain and support Line of Balances as assigned
- Perform Inventory analysis and implement demand changes in SAP as needed
- Analyze open order reports; take appropriate actions to support of 100% on-time starts
- Create and complete material project transfers
- Assist in various inventory and material errors reconciliation
- Develop new and maintain existing database tools to support material mgmt. reporting
- Understanding and managing risks to reduce impact on production schedules.
- Create, release, and monitor purchase requisitions
- Coordinate receipt and shipment of hardware from customers and suppliers
- Conduct root cause analysis when goals are not met and initiate corresponding corrective actions.
- Initiate and support process improvement initiatives.
- 2-5+ years of experience
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who can work at setting priorities while multi-tasking to meet various deadlines on short notice.
- Strong planning and organization skills with ability to be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to all organizational levels and cross-functional groups
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with SAP and Material/Production Planning preferred.
Must be US Person
"This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug-Free Workforce."
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Business disciplines. CPIM, PMP or Six Sigma certifications a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.