FPGA EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01303142 Date posted 04/04/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This FPGA Engineer role is for an experienced Electrical and Electronics Engineering professional, working independently. Performs engineering work and applied research, coordinates activities involving the design and development of electronic equipment and devices. Prepares engineering sketches and product information documentation.
- Follow DO-254 Level A program planning documentation, and ensure CPLD/FPGA design adheres to the plans
- Capture and document the customer flowed down functional requirements, and develop and document the derived requirements for FPGAs
- Design FPGA architectural diagrams, develop VHDL to implement the design critical functionality
- Develop sub-functions and test benches
- Perform engineering timing simulations and functional analysis
- Interface with the V&V team and Quality Engineers to support the creation of the DO-254
- Support project planning efforts and ensure execution to schedule and budget
- Creation and review of engineering documentation
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems and networks to ensure that business objectives and required specifications are met.
- Prepares documentation including confidential descriptions or specifications of proprietary hardware or software, information on product development, introduction schedules, product costs, and performance weaknesses to track progress and analyze performance.
- Performs engineering work and applied research, development, and design of new products to ensure quality standards and business objectives are met.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
- Works with a global team of engineers, on electronic control units for aerospace applications to complete CPLD and FPGA designs, simulations, synthesis and lab integration.
- Supports the entire design life cycle from project planning efforts to entry into service and production transition support.
- Requirements definition using DOORS, detailed design, validation of requirements and verification of implementation.
University degree + 7 yrs of experience, or and advanced degree + 5 yrs or experience, or in the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Proficient with simulating HDL and using Mentor Modelsim
- Experience with Actel, Xilinx, FPGAs and development tools
- Excellent FPGA lab integration and troubleshooting knowledge
- Hardware Verification experience including, test procedure development, robustness testing & debug
- Experience with hardware configuration management and problem reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good computer skills with ability to learn new programs/software
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- A Master's degree in a related field, and 7 years of experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms