Defense Aftermarket Program Manager (Platform Integration)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01303500 Date posted 04/08/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This Platform Integration position is responsible to support the execution of the aftermarket strategy for key defense platforms and initiatives and will drive consistency across all SBU’s, while aligning with the business unit teams in support of strategy. This role may develop into a management role within the team to provide Platform Integration leadership, coordination of execution, collaboration, and communication across all SBU teams.
This position will:
- Provide strategic leadership for the integration of multiple platforms and/or products across Collins SBU’s
- Facilitate aftermarket growth in collaboration with Defense Aftermarket Services and SBU
- Work with data analytics team to support identification of opportunities
- Ensure voice of the customer is assessed and in-service issues are addressed in a timely manner & coordinated across SBU’s
- Support execution of Platform Entry into Service (EIS) preparation and planning
- Facilitate the establishment of program plans and milestones to capture initiatives and monitor completion
- Facilitate Channel Partner management for alignment, growth and performance
- Support business units on partner identification for distribution, reseller, non-employee sales representatives, and license agreement initiatives
- Assist with the identification of Channel Partner opportunities, requirements, and compliance with established policies and procedures
- Exhibit the leadership and communication skills to deliver a product that meets customer expectations
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of the time
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business is required
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business is preferred
- 10+ Yrs. of Industry Experience – Aerospace, Program Management, Government Contracting
- Aerospace Aftermarket Program Management experience desired
- Strong understanding of government contracting, FAR Part 12 and Part 15
- Proven ability to lead cross functional or multi-domain teams within a matrixed organization
- Strong program / project management and data /analytic skills required with the ability develop strategic program plans for execution
- The ability to multi-task projects, managing multiple platforms and customers, including major aircraft manufacturers, international, domestic and the U.S. Government.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions for addressing customer challenges
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills are required along with the ability to establish effective communication and working relationships with all levels and functions of customer organizations, as well as within Collins Aerospac
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms