Defense Aftermarket Program Manager (Initiatives)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01303487 Date posted 03/29/2019 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace. Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This strategic initiatives position is responsible for the creation of plans to support key initiatives within the Defense Aftermarket organization. Initiatives will address new opportunities to improve customer supportability, proposal throughput and challenges such as commercial item contracting (FAR 12), obsolescence, and long term contract additions. This individual will be responsible for FAR 12 initiatives within Defense Aftermarket and will liaison with key customers in support of BU efforts to ensure successful commercial item transitions for key products as a catalyst for ease of contracting and growth. This individual will be responsible to work with the various business unit teams to both benchmark and leverage best practices across the businesses. This role requires a self-starter with a working knowledge of strategic design, planning, and implementation.
Platform Integration leadership, coordination of execution, collaboration, and communication across all SBU teams. This position will:
- Facilitate the establishment of program plans and milestones to develop initiatives and monitor completion
- Liaison with all BUs to identify FAR 12 opportunities and priorities
- Work with data analytics team to support identification of opportunities
- Facilitate the establishment of commercial item roadmap conversion to include development of CID packages and monitor completion
- Support development of processes improvements for commerciality, proposals, obsolescence, and cost and pricing strategies
- Support development of best practices in compliance with all Collins Aerospace procedures and Government regulations
- Strategically partner with the business units to implement process improvements
- Exhibit the leadership and communication skills to deliver a product that meets customer expectations
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business is required
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business is preferred
- 10+ Yrs. of Industry Experience – Aerospace, Program Management, Government Contracting
- Aerospace Aftermarket Program Management experience desired
- Strong understanding of government contracting, FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 15
- Proven ability to lead cross functional or multi-domain teams
- Strong program / project management and data /analytic skills required with the ability develop strategic program plans for execution
- The ability to multi-task projects, managing multiple platforms and customers, including major aircraft manufacturers, international, domestic and the U.S. Government.
- Demonstrated ability to work with unclear requirements and develop creative solutions for addressing customer challenges
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills are required along with the ability to establish effective communication and working relationships with all levels and functions of customer organizations, as well as within Collins Aerospace
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of the time
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms