Contract Specialist AssociateBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 68870BR Date posted 07/10/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positivein flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company’s success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise, and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
Do you have a desire to be part of a high performing, customer dedicated team, come join the Military Aftermarket Contracts group. We are a focused team supporting Government direct and indirect customers. We play a significant role in the LCC and contribute to the success of our operational excellence by supporting development, growth, and performance.
In this role, you will manage the lifecycle of the contract by playing a large role in proposal management, contract negotiations
and contract management through the end of the contract.
- Receipt, review, and processing of customer solicitations/RFPs.
- Proposal preparation and negotiation.
- Receipt and review of contract awards in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring new awards/orders are booked timely and accurately in the MRP system.
- Ensuring all necessary flow-downs to supply chain, shipping, quality, etc. are communicated timely and accurately.
- Management of contracts to include assistance with customer delivery status inquiries, customer delivery expedites requests, the handling of contract modifications, and working closely with customers to resolve issues.
- Responsible for ensuring timely payment from customers.
- Responsible to ensure that customer’s solicitations and contract requests/inquiries are handled professionally and timely.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours.
- Capable of executing in a fast-paced, high impact/visible environment.
- 1-2 years contract administration experience working with indirect Government customers (international & domestic)
- FAR/DFAR working knowledge (FAR 12 & FAR 15)
- SAP working knowledge
- Contract proposal creation/execution
- Contract award experience
- ITC working knowledge (ITC knowledge and experience with export licenses)
- Bachelor's degree required (Business related preferred)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.