Chief Project EngineerBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77789BR Date posted 12/07/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
- This position is a recognized General Engineering master, directing and developing strategy for systems, projects and programs.
- Leads the development and implementation of common methods and procedures across the organization, and provides guidance on most complex engineering activities.
- Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Develops the strategy and tactics for systems, projects and programs.
- Trains, instructs and mentors less senior employees.
- Leads the organization in the development and advancement of process, tools and methods.
- Provides guidance on complex engineering activities that may not be attributed to a defined discipline.
- Creates, owns and approves common procedures and standard work across the organization.
- Provides support to technical teams to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Manages major responsibilities across multiple engineering disciplines on a regular basis.
- Performs engineering activities that cannot be attributed to a defined discipline.
- May also include professional employees required to perform activities across several disciplines on smaller sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, software, or aerospace engineering and 8 years of engineering or project/program experience.
- Master’s degree and 5 years of engineering or project/program management experience.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Certification experience.
- PMP certification.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.