Associate Director - Operations Program ManagementBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 68703BR Date posted 07/12/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The Operations Program Manager will have responsibility as the Boeing customer point of contact for operations performance. This encompasses driving operational excellence across UTASs OEM delivery sites in order to support customer performance requirements. While the role is posted for CT, we are open for flexibility in regards to location.
- This position will also be responsible for the preparation, initial review and management of key UTAS customer scorecard process and performance recovery plans from underperforming business units. The candidate will interface across strategic business units and site locations in performing their duties. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead a team of customer-focused OPMs and data analysts.
- Coordinate and present in senior management and customer meetings.
- Work directly with customers to understand on-time delivery and performance issues.
- Drive performance improvements within the organization, identify risk to future delivery, and work with the specific sites regarding customer related issues.
- Review and coordinate with operations teams specific initiatives required to drive on-time delivery improvement and ensure recovery plans are aligned with strategic actions.
- Evolve customer data management practices and continue standardization across key customers.
Qualification: Minimum Qualifications:
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics including organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, focused on results and the ability to build positive relationships
- Ability to analyze data, identify problems and implement creative and practical solutions
- Ability to lead process implementation and improvement in a team/matrix environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven track record with application of continuous improvement
- Operations experience is preferable but not absolute requirement
- Experience in SAP, Business Objects, Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) preferred
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience
- Advanced degree preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.