Assoc Dir, Business DevelopmentBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 68996BR Date posted 07/10/2018 City Windsor Locks State Connecticut Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
UTC Aerospace Systems
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft, our systems make modern flight possible. And by make it possible, we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Pratt & Whitney Engine Systems (PWES) is a strategic business unit within the ES business. This business unit manages externals, controls, and accessories installed on every Pratt & Whitney engine. The ES business is seeking a business development manager to oversee the commercial aftermarket business for PWES products and services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drive business growth for UTAS in the aftermarket for PWES products and services
- Develop opportunities for sales both directly to airlines and to third parties that provide service for airlines
- Utilize and manage CRM to track the pipeline of opportunities for the business and ensure objectives are met
- Develop business cases for opportunities
- Mature the processes for developing proposals, creating pricing, and seeking approvals
- Define opportunities for retrofits utilizing technologies developed in the PWES business
- Manage retrofit product projects (both reliability and aftermarket configuration enhancement), leading cross-functional teams from engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, and other organizations
- Perform periodic reviews of competitive market positioning (technology, products/services, price/cost positions) to determine requirements for market leadership
- Coordinate supply chain and repair strategies with operations counterparts
- Assist in customer proposals and negotiations
- Provide technical and application support customer-interfacing team members and channel partners
- Coordinate strategy with Program Office business objectives
- At least 5 years of experience working in the aerospace & defense industry
- Strong demonstrated aerospace aftermarket knowledge and experience (i.e. repair, technical services, field service, service engineering, etc....)
- Familiarization with PWES products and services
- Strong demonstration of capabilities in business case development, value proposition design, developing and presenting customer solutions, and skilled negotiations
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills
- Strong demonstration of team skills with a high level of initiative and the ability to work in an environment of rapidly changing priorities
- Exceptional business acumen
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled with MS Office
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or a related field with 12 + years of relevant work experience
- Master's degree in engineering, business or a related field with 10 + years of relevant work experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.