Test Technician - Second Shift (3 PM - 11:30 PM)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 14550 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Wilsonville State Oregon Country United States
Requisition ID: 14550
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Test Technician - Second Shift (3 PM - 11:30 PM) to join our team in Wilsonville, OR (1700). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Applies principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing and physics
- Performs a variety of technical tasks which require a moderate understanding of test objectives.
- Provides support to areas such as test, manufacturing or process improvement.
- Perform as a member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills. Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
- Receptive to mentoring from peers in technical community. Participates in developing new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in all work processes.
- Manual testing
- Documentation of job specific activities such as electronic design, modifications, data collection, calibration, and Design of Experiment data.
- Able to utilize schematics, procedures, engineering drawings, and follow written/verbal instructions, including test procedures.
- Support TPM requirements, i.e. routine maintenance
- Operate in accordance with corporate, operations, and division policies, procedures and practices in compliance with accepted business ethics. Adheres to all applicable environmental, safety and health procedures.
- Applies electronic theory to test and troubleshoot electronic product which requires a moderate to advanced understanding of the general technical aspects of the position.
- Establishes new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in all work processes.
- May provide assistance to less experienced technical employees.
- Perform as member of a team utilizing effective communication skills. Actively participates in team decision making. Contacts include Engineers and leadership.
- Flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency
- Must be able to pass an Electronic Skills Test
- Have a solid understanding of Electronic Theory
- Troubleshooting experience
- Associates Degree in an electronic related field
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.