Final Inspector - First ShiftBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15719 Date posted 02/12/2019 City Wilsonville State Oregon Country United States
Requisition ID: 15719
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is concerned with the direct inspection of all parts and materials received and shipped to ensure that they meet our quality requirements. In addition, they perform a combination of manual and clerical duties to receive, store and issue the company's materials.
- Under limited supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex parts/product inspection tasks (inspect for defects, errors, variation) and/or evaluates manufacturing processes and procedures following Rockwell Collins Quality Management and/or assisting
- Communication/Teaming - understands teaming and is working on communication skillsand mentoring Production Operators Systems/Procedures and Workmanship Standards.
- Evaluates products, processes, and procedures through the use of schematic diagrams, sketches, drawings, layout, work instructions and quality operating procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Required to use measuring devices/inspection tools (micrometers, gauges, scales, calipers, etc.) to verify specifications.
- Responsible for assuring that quality and manufacturing procedures are being followed through the use of audit activity. Position also audits products throughout the facility for compliance and records defects to Workmanship Standards.
- Maintain complete records of all inspection for department. Review all applicable documentation, test and inspection records for accuracy and completeness
- Assists in determining root cause and corrective action activities for process and product improvements.
- Inspects and/or repairs electronic assemblies for conformance to prescribed Workmanship Standards, and rejects nonconforming products and accepts conforming products.
- May operate optical inspection machine.
- May perform final product acceptance (sell process) and/or perform complex repair/rework processes.
- Assigns work priorities, sets up work stations, and distributes parts, kits, and supplies to Production Operators.
- Mentor new and existing employees
- Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance
- Flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
- Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
- May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities.
- Quality - perform within the limits of quality defect policy, able to mentor Certified Operators with quality issues
- Performance - consistently performs at expected or greater productivity level, qualified to inspect multiple processes
- Attendance - Regular and reliable attendance is required, performing within the limits of attendance policies
- Communication/Teaming - understands teaming and is working on communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency
- Electronic Assembly experience
- Final inspection experience and/or training for the following area
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.