Supervisor ElectronicsBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 68240BR Date posted 07/11/2018 City Wilson State North Carolina Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support the development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
This position is responsible for the supervision of skilled and semiskilled labor force to meet daily rates of production output in the manufacturing environment. Emphasis is placed on safety, productivity, quality, and delivery performance. The incumbent will work with all levels of management to ensure that production activities are aligned to achieve established goals for productivity, quality, costs and delivery performance. The incumbent will be expected to assist Manufacturing Engineering in the design and fabrication of equipment and processes for production and assist Design Engineering in the development and test of new devices. The incumbent must be familiar with the use of PC and applicable software applications, a good communicator able to work with people and produce results in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
The incumbent in this position will exercise judgment and discretion in determining ways to affect productivity in his/her area of responsibility. Position reports to the manufacturing manager with accountability to ensure the enhancement of production through the effective use of resources and labor provided for the respective manufacturing area.
- Supervises in their daily work flow of production employees and production operations.
- Experience working with aerospace products, procedures, and specifications to ensure product integrity and quality is highly desirable.
- Reviews and monitors production schedules; prioritizes and communicates work assignments accordingly and ensures production levels are met.
- Conducts employee performance assessments and makes recommendations regarding the movement of personnel; works with HR to ensure timely, consistent, and impartial discipline is administered when necessary.
- Actively participates in the selection, placement, and retention of highly motivated and productive personnel for the manufacturing area.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and recommends measures to improve production methods; ensures compliance with standard operating procedures and safety rules and regulations.
- Participates on Integrated Product Team to ensure manufacturing needs are addressed by various functional groups.
- Minimum of 3 years work related experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Work experience should include supervision of production workforce, or quality control operations. Candidate should possess proven leadership skills and experience; be results oriented with the ability to multi-task and handle deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in the use of PC and software applications.
- Electronics background preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.