Senior Supervisor - Manufacturing EngineeringBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01302789 Date posted 03/29/2019 City Wilson State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
This position supervises entry and intermediate professional level employees or team leaders of support employees in Manufacturing Engineering. Sets day-to-day goals, and provides guidance regarding specification requirements, improving products, and reducing costs.
- Instructs, directs and checks, under general direction, the work of other manufacturing engineers to ensure that quality and manufacturing standards are met.
- Identifies opportunities or implements changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
- Designs the sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment, and other functions that affect product performance, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques to enhance performance and manufacturing capabilities.
- Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing. Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
- Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
- Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
- Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
- May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Master’s degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience preferred
Experience / Qualifications:
- Lean/continuous improvement experience required.
- Experience in aerospace or automotive is preferred
- Experience managing others is highly desired
- Effective communication skills
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms