Principal Opto-Mechanical EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01309090 Date posted 04/23/2019 City Westford State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMA03: ISR Systems - Westford HO 7 Technology Park Drive, Westford, MA, 01886 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
This position will contribute to the design of precision optical systems and tooling. Responsibilities include opto-mechanical of aerospace flight components. Responsibilities include providing solutions to a variety of complex technical problems as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead and direct opto-mechanical engineering on projects through all phases of innovation and development
- Assume primary responsibility for the design, analysis, and documentation of opto-mechanical systems; these systems are typically deployed in an aerospace environment
- Direct the activities of other Engineers and provide technical direction to other stakeholders including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality as necessary
- Provide technical content for proposals, estimate and track mechanical design costs, create schedule estimates, and make presentations to customers and company management.
- Ability to develop system level design trades to meet optical performance requirements.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 10 or more years related experience
- Have a thorough understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles, theories, and applications
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of optics and opto-mechanical best practices and basic understanding of the other engineering disciplines
- Experience in the mechanical design of mirrors, mirror flexure mounts and metering structures (telescopes).
- Experience in the mechanical design of stable platform gimbals
- Experience with performance error budgets of optical systems
- Able to clearly describe results in oral presentations and written reports
- Experience with FEA structural analysis (static and dynamic)
- Results-oriented with strong personal drive and personal ownership in meeting commitments
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Operate independently with limited supervision
- Impeccable ethics; maintains a positive and professional working environment
- Understanding of CREO (Pro-E) and PDMLink or similar CAD tool
- US Citizenship is required.
- Advanced technical degree
- Finite Element Analysis using NASTRAN
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms