Counsel (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01286262 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Westborough State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAM64: NOR Westboro One Research Drive, Westborough, MA, 01581 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corporation.
We have an immediate need for an Attorney in our Corporate Headquarters in Westborough, MA.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contract documents, including complex energy performance contracts, audit agreements, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and update NORESCO’s standard contracts to account for changes in law, policy, and risk tolerance.
- Advise management and business clients on legal rights and responsibilities, reducing risk, and assist with resolving customer and subcontractor disputes and managing related litigation.
- Generate and conduct trainings on various key legal issues impacting NORESCO’s business.
- Serve as primary attorney resource for certain NORESCO geographical regions
- Review and advise on proposed external communications including press releases, external presentations, white papers, remarks, and other marketing collateral.
- Advise management on regulatory and contractual compliance risks and assisting in closing compliance gaps by developing and implementing policies and procedures addressing contractual requirements, federal, state, and local regulations, and corporate policies.
The following experience and attributes are preferred for this position.
- J.D. from accredited law school plus 4-6 years law firm experience or in-house corporate/commercial/Government experience.
- Licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Experience in one or more of the following strongly desired: construction contracts, commercial litigation, government contracts and municipal law.
- Excellent written and communication skills: detail oriented; business minded; solution focused.
- Motivated and flexible.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.