Jet Engine & Components, Assembly and Test Mechanic (LG 06)Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01314566 Date posted 05/03/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a opportunities for talented Jet Engine and Component, Assembly and Test Mechanics to be based in West Palm Beach, FL.The sky has no limits.Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.Inclusion Powers Innovation:We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empoweredA team member at this level is expected to work independently or with assigned personnel to layout, fabricate, assemble, and modify jet engine assembly or test articles, test stands, equipment, and support systems. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.Duties:
- You will use a wide variety of power and mechanical tools to perform functional checks on engine assembly/components or test equipment/test components.
- You will acquire tools and hardware as required to perform assembly and test procedures.
- We operate a wide variety of tools to assemble/disassemble a jet engine or operate support utilities to run the test article.
- We monitor instrumentation and perform engine service during test under the direction of supervision or delegate.
- You will use work instruction and procedures to assemble/dissemble jet engines or other assigned work.
- You will check all phases of assembly, as specified by work instructions, to perform self-inspection or peer inspection of critical processes ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Work independently or with assigned personnel to set up the test stand, and preparing and mounting the test article per procedure.
- we assist with engine inspections as required by the engine test plan.
- We support others in producing valid test data.
- You will inspect, maintain, and complete necessary reporting on equipment, facilities, and support systems.
- Remove instrumentation, equipment, and utilities to de-prep, dismount, and preserve test article for shipment.
- You will prepare test article for proper storage and transportation. Move test article to the proper location.
- We reconfigure and repair system equipment, test article, and stand. Inspect lifting devices and store in the proper location. Reconfigure the test article and stand.
- Package engines for shipment to the customer
- You will assist in training of other team members
- You will carry out other tasks within the scope of this job description to support department objectives and to develop individual skills
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 2+ years of experience in a similar function.
- A & P License
- 4+ years in similar function
- Previous MRO/FAR 145 repair station experience is preferred.
- Formal training in power plant mechanics and testing.
- Well-rounded knowledge of FAA and aviation standards, jet engine design and operation, jet engine hardware and components, instrumentation installations, engine assembly or test stand experience.
- SAP, Solumina experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain certifications to operate powered industrial vehicles.
- May be asked to work varying shifts as needed.
- Creative troubleshooting skills.
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms