2nd Shift Supervisor/Cell LeaderBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377630 Date posted 12/18/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
The CE Aftermarket Operations team is looking for a 2nd Shift Quality Cell Leader for the GTF line operating in WPB. In this role, you will lead a team of bargaining unit hourly employees who are responsible for the Quality Control of all GTF engines overhauled in WPB. In addition, you will be a contributor in meeting all EH&S, Customer, Quality, and Financial goals within the WPB GTF MRO facility. You will provide clear communication to EC leadership, peers, and subordinates using your Customer Focus, Adaptability, Strategic Thinking, and Communication skills.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Quality team that ultimately supports desired engine return dates
- Collaborate with the Operations and support teams to establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other top priorities
- Proactively generate effective solutions for Quality process control and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Support process implementation and refinement activities throughout all process gates
- Ensure World Class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly
- Ensure full involvement in ACE continuous improvement initiatives - utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce overall operating cost
- This is a 2nd Shift Position
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Operations or Quality
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Embrace the ACE Operating System and be able to thrive in a highly visible, dynamic setting
- Aerospace industry experience strongly preferred
- Leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively and concisely with peers, customers and clients
- Ability to drive obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC)
- Experience operating within a bargaining unit setting
- Success working in a high energy and fast paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions; team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms