InspectorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01374244 Date posted 12/03/2019 City West Des Moines State Iowa Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA02: Engine Comp (TFT) - WDM 4th St 811 Fourth Street, West Des Moines, IA, 50265 USA
Inspects product incoming from suppliers, in-process, or final inspection for conformity to ensure the quality and integrity of the material and assemblies are produced to meet drawing specifications, tolerances, corporate procedures and customer requirements. Assist quality engineer(s) in source inspection of produce. Assist quality engineer(s) in the creation and maintenance of quality system. May act as an FAA delegate.
- May coordinate and manage shipment of final product.
- Prepare to inspect by interpreting blueprints, data, and manuals to determine specifications, inspections and testing procedures.
- Review paperwork to ensure completion and accuracy of all documents including routers, flow card, First Articles, etc.
- Inspect product to verify conformance to specification of the parts by measuring dimensions using instruments such as gages, calipers, comparators micrometers, etc.
- Work with Quality Engineers to approve source files and ensure that they are current as well as, assist in identifying required changes and updates, Assist Quality Engineers in training of additional source inspectors. Assist quality Engineers in conducting customer FAIR’s in addition to assisting with corrective actions.
- Oversee customer requirements audit system. Develop and conduct IOS book and gage kit audits.
- Coordinate and conduct training on gage use, gage calibrations and gage system software. Assist in the training of new inspectors by coordination and conducting training of inspections on IOS book requirements, gage kit development, and annual gage reviews.
- Perform visual inspection on parts utilizing IOS books and PowerPoint slides (Source files) associated with the part to ensure produce conformance.
- Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS, Quality, and CI functions as set by your leader and position.
- Over 40 hours per week as scheduled to meet business needs.
- All other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business.
Education: (see page 6 for level requirements)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be a US Person
- 6+ months in a progressive manufacturing environment, inspection experience preferred.
- Moderate proficiency in shop math, geometry, and algebra.
- Moderate proficiency with detailed drawings including geometric tolerances, dimensions, general features and blueprint reading.
- General computer skills (E-mail, internet, basic MS office including excel).
- Moderate proficiency in verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Moderate proficiency utilizing gaging including attribute and variable gages.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- General knowledge of inspection gages and tools
- Basic knowledge of the Quality Management System, including internal requirements and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing knowledge including the techniques, tools, and principles and processes involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms