Cyber Threat Intelligence Ops LeadBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01292620 Date posted 02/07/2019 City Washington State District of Columbia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT5: Washington, DC 1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC, 20004 USA
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
The UTC Cyber Fusion Center is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) team. The successful candidate will need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, planning, coordinating, and executing intelligence collection and analysis operations in order to provide operationally actionable intelligence that enables UTC cyber defenses to predict, prevent, and detect threats to the enterprise and its products.
- Manage and lead operations for a globally dispersed CTI Operations Team. Develop JQRs and individual training plan for analysts.
- Develop and oversee the execution of processes and procedures to monitor open source, government, and sharing community feeds to identify relevant threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant UTC’s business operations, information systems, and products.
- Assess sources and methods the operations team should employ to optimize collection and analysis. Identify, onboard, integrate, and maximize utility of the tools, intelligence service providers, and community relationships the team requires to support UTC’s security team.
- Serve as primary customer interface with vulnerability management, detection, and product security office. Will also support controls management and incident response requests for information.
- Lead CTI’s automation and orchestration efforts. Work closely with customers to establish and optimize work flows.
- The preferred candidate will have 6 -10 + years Corporate Cyber Threat Intelligence experience in either an analytic or operational capacity. Specifically, experience working with customers and ensuring the program has the people, process, and technology required to meet their technical intelligence needs.
- This role requires a candidate who has a deep understanding of the threats that target defense industrial firms and experience operationalizing the Cyber Kill Chain, Mitre Att&ck, and Diamon Model.
- The successful candidate will have experience identifying cyber threats to internet connected devices and have supported product security efforts.
- Strong communication skills required and must have history of being able to prepare and present papers, briefings, and other materials to UTC Senior Leadership across the enterprise.
- Proven knowledge of business intelligence and supply chain risk analysis is desired.
- The successful candidate will have incident response or intrusion analysis experience. The candidate should understand behavioral based analysis.
- Prior experience and understanding of cyber defensive tools and infrastructure along with an understanding of how to tip, queue, and orchestrate action across the defensive platform in order to minimize the time from detection to action.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to form coalitions amongst disparate groups, be able to produce thorough and precise documentation, and have sound decision making skills.
- We seek candidates that have the ability to work independently, as well as work collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically distributed is also a must have.
- Certifications desired but not required: CISSP, CISM, CEH, Security+, CCNA or greater, SANS certifications.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or another related field, AND 6-10 years relevant work experience.
- MA/MS degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or another related field, AND 4-7 years relevant work experience will be a plus.
This position will be located in Washington, DC. Remote work opportunities may be possible.
Current US Security Clearance or ability to obtain one preferred.
US Citizen or US Person required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.