Tester 1 - 2nd shiftBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 74504BR Date posted 10/11/2018 City Vergennes State Vermont Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop* the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
- Under supervision, conducts functional acceptance tests and completes data collection activities of production units tested.
- Performs routine and repetitive testing per part specific test plan or test procedure, assist production engineers in executing test to verify non-conformance.
- It is expected that the employee performs these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur in the normal course of work.
- Perform functional testing per part specific pre-established test procedure.
- Monitor tests through completion, record test data and service test equipment as required.
- Follows blueprints, guidelines and or diagram to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
- Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
- Accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
- Demonstrate proper use of mechanical measuring devices.
- Perform proper loading and unloading of electronic equipment in test beds.
- Demonstrate proper use of electronic and manual test equipment.
- Test parts to test procedure and document acceptance or failure results.
- Comply with applicable elements of quality systems (ACE).
- Meet internal and external customer deadlines as determined by team.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certification as required.
- Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements as needed.
- Follow plans for production schedules and quality requirements.
- Understand end use of manufactured products.
- Understand and use computer tools such as SAP and accurately follow work instructions.
- Demonstrate initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
- Achieve special process certification where applicable.
- Train others for technical tasks as needed.
- Demonstrate an active role in problem solving.
- Effectively interact with others.
- Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
- Participate in waste minimization efforts.
- Participate in audits.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts (ACE).
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
- Safety glasses and other safety equipment are required depending on task.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including over forty hours a week as needed.
- Must be able to obtain and hold Government Secret Clearance if required.
- Be part of the FAA Drug and Alcohol pool, if required.
(The level needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
The five most critical competencies for this position
- Action Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Time Management
Qualification: Basic qualifications:
- 1 year of experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- 2 to 3 years of testing experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- The type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions.
- Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
- Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
- Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.