Senior Project EngineerBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 75771BR Date posted 11/08/2018 City Vergennes State Vermont Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
UTC Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Project Engineer who leads all phases of program execution. This individual contributor will be working with Supply Chain to grow our vendor supply base.
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Interfaces with program management and planning, project team, supply chain, quality, and production.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively with all Engineering disciplines, Programs, Operations, Quality and Supply Chain to achieve optimal design solutions and producible hardware.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objective.
- Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
- Establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedule for project(s).
- Lead the planning of projects and resources to meet cost and schedule objectives.
- Lead cross function integrated product teams (IPT).
- Drive world class project management process through the use of integrated scheduling, earned value reporting, and risk management.
- Provide technical collaboration and leadership to our multi-discipline engineering team.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- 5 years working as a Project Engineer
- Experience working with manufacturing/production on line layout and optimization.
- Work closely with Systems Chief, Program Managers and Program Chiefs to ensure customer satisfaction through careful planning, staffing and execution of projects.
- Support products post-certification to ensure operations throughput and yield expectations are met.
- Lead/support root cause investigations and corrective actions for production and field returns.
- Familiarity with new product development from component level design through integration, development and verification testing, and entry into service
- Ability to work across the organization and various disciplines including Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Software, Test Equipment, and Test and Validation), Quality, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- Experience leading a diverse technical team
- Experience in process skills and familiarity with Continuous Improvement tools and Standard Work processes
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
- 5 years experience working with Supply Chain and Vendors to identify and qualify new sources of supply.
- Experience performing US Government DoD Contracts
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Champion superior ethical and professional behavior in all situations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years related experience or Master’s Degree with 3 years related experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.