HR GeneralistBusiness Unit UTC Aerospace Systems Job ID 57676BR Date posted 12/07/2017 City Vergennes State Vermont Country US
Who are we?
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Our HR team
Our global HR team works on behalf of our 41,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether it’s recruiting the best people to our organization, partnering with managers to lead successful teams, accelerating the development of our top performers, or executing our holistic “Healthy You” wellness program, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at UTC Aerospace Systems.
Simmonds and Atlantic Inertial Systems (S&AIS) (a part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems- SIS- division of UTAS) is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist for its Vergennes, Vermont Location. We design, manufacture and service guidance, navigation, and control systems, fuel sensing systems, and health/diagnostic/prognostic systems for commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, missiles and other platforms.
We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a strong Human Resources department and support the Vermont site with approximately 800 employees.
Overview of the Senior Human Resources Manager Role
A Human Resources Generalist at UTAS is a high-touch member of the organization who constantly thinks about the customer’s needs. The Human Resources Generalist acts as a trusted advisor and coach to their client groups and customers driving engagement, talent management, positive employee relations and provides overall HR support. In addition, you’ll gain a breadth of experience in multiple facets of Human Resources including compensation, succession planning, learning and development, strategic thinking, data driven decision making, and much more.
You’re someone who is…
- Passionate about our business. You understand the value HR brings to the business and you fully leverage your position to drive talent outcomes.
- A person others want to follow. You connect with people, partner with courage, influence with impact and collaborate across networks you’ve built.
- A data whiz. You can “tell a story” with data and use data to support decision making.
- Organizationally savvy. From the finances, to operations and people - you know what makes a business “tick” and you naturally translate business objectives into people strategies.
- Creative and clear. You want to roll up your sleeves, push the envelope and innovate in a way that creates simple, meaningful solutions for your customers.
- Intellectually curious. You are always looking to learn, stretch and grow. You are open, adaptable and want to be the very best you can be!
- A champion of our culture. You talk the talk and walk the walk. You lead by example and push others to do so as well.
What you will do.
- Accountable for driving HR / business projects and initiatives across all client groups
- Addresses basic to moderately complex HR-related inquiries from all levels of employees in an assigned department or business unit.
- Provide guidance and support to employee engagement and positive employee relations efforts.
- Represents the company at meetings, projects and continuous improvement (ACE) events.
- Performs complex analysis, problem-solving and procedure/policy development on Human Resources matters.
- Interprets and explains human resources policies, procedures plans and programs consistent with employment laws and regulations; confirms that employment laws and regulations are followed accordingly.
- Conducts HR-related investigations and outlines the applicable corrective actions that are mandated by HR policy
- Support client groups in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy.
- Supports efforts related to employee career development.
- Stay on top of progressive HR practices and key trends and use this knowledge to improve HR policies and initiatives.
- Graduate degree preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in Human Resources and/or related field
Working Environment (optional section)
- This role will be based in Vergennes, VT. Relocation package available, if appropriate.
- To be most successful, you should prepare to travel 10% of the time
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
- Five (5) of years experience in Human Resources and/or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.