Regional Sales Manager - Mid-Central USAApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 50911BR Date posted 07/10/2017 City Remote City State Oklahoma Country US
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Global Fire Products group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security is dedicated to providing product and technology designed to protect people and property from the effects of fire and its related hazards. As the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety products, the Fire Safety Solutions group meets the safety needs of homes and businesses by providing fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, mechanical locking systems, fire alarm control panels, gas and flame detection, fire suppression systems and mass notification solutions. Notable brands within the group are Kidde, Firex, Badger, Vigilant, Fenwal, Det-Tronics, Fireye and Edwards.
The Regional Sales Manager – Mid-Central; Tulsa area is responsible for managing the sales distribution and OEM customer base and developing business within the sales region. This includes maintaining and recommending changes to the distribution system within the territory, sales development programs and customer training. The region covers Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Illinois and carries an assigned sales quota. This region currently consists of 14 Distributors & 21 Key OEM’s; one key OEM is located in Dallas, TX.
- Direct customer contact within the territory including all Distributors, OEM's, contractors, and OEM representatives
- Develop new business via prospecting and new relationships working within local distributors or direct contact
- Conduct a yearly performance appraisal & review with each distributor
- Provide local sales and support to the OEMs in the territory, assess their needs and provide strategies to improve market share with them
- Complete annual sales objectives
- Timely preparation of call reports and completion of other tasks as they arise
- Establish an Annual Business Plan with each Distributor
- Conduct formal and informal Product Training for all local customers as necessary
- Implement new product introductions and promotions
- Maintain a professional attitude and image during all business relations
- Reporting product problems and deficiencies
- Suggest new product ideas and existing product modifications with significant volume potential
- Maintain customer files on sales history and up-to-date address and contact list
- Provide product application support as needed
- Conduct business within Fireye's policies and procedures
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful candidate will have strong sales skills with a working knowledge of burners and burner controls.
Individual should possess:
- Five years in field sales preferably in the industrial/commercial combustion business
- Technical knowledge of the systems and processes used in the combustion controls, burner management industry
- Familiarity with nationally recognized test agency certifications
- Working level experience with parallel positioning, fuel flow metered or PLC type burner combustion controls preferred
- Strong knowledge of electric / electronic circuits and troubleshooting skills
- Travel requirements; 50% to 70%
**Individual must be located within a 100 mile radius of Tulsa, OKEducation
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales or Engineering skill preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.