Pratt & Whitney Military Engines HR Internship/Co-opBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 74999BR Date posted 10/15/2018 City Remote City State Oklahoma Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
The Human Resources department is a critical area of Pratt & Whitney’s business. We partner with our organization’s leaders to support employees, shape our culture, and continue to improve the overall employment experience. We work with all levels of the company to provide consultation in areas such as, employee relations, performance management, workforce planning, learning and development and conflict management. We are searching for a dynamic individual who is eager to learn and has a strong desire to pursue an opportunity in the Human Resources field.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your creativity. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated. As the Military Engines HR Intern/Co-op you will be a part of the next generation of talent to learn and grow with a company that has over 90 years of history. You will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn how a Human Resources team supports their business partners and the larger organization within a dynamic, aerospace environment at our Oklahoma City field site. You will support the Military Engines organization both locally and nationally with compensation analysis, recruiting efforts, process improvement methods, employee engagement events, and understanding the intricacies of our Human Resources systems.
Additionally, you will be responsible for partnering with the team on the following efforts:
- Provide Human Resources coverage and administrative processing as needed to various client groups that include Sustainment Operations and field services as well as, Fighter and Mobility Programs, the F135 program, Business Development, and Centers of Excellence
- Coordinate staffing activities including scheduling of recruitment events
- Develop standard work for key Human Resources processes for managers and employees
- Partner with our HR Specialists to identify and introduce necessary training curriculums
- Act as a liaison to our recruiting team to ensure exceptional client services throughout the recruiting life cycle. This may include advertising new positions, dispositioning candidates in our Applicant Tracking System, BrassRing and closing out old job postings.
- Work on ad-hoc projects, as necessary, including onboarding, recruiting and hiring, and succession planning This position is based in Oklahoma City, OK
Qualification: You will have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Leadership experience in school or an organization
- Ability to take initiative and manage your own time
- Commitment to working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid attention to detail
- Ethical, ability to keep information confidential
- A great teammate that wants to learn and develop their skillset
You are currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Master’s degree program in Human Resources, Business, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related fields.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.