Infrastructure Site SupervisorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01325557 Date posted 06/10/2019 City Troy State Ohio Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT45: UTAS-OH-Corp 101 Waco St, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position directly supervises Technical /Business Support and/or Production / Maintenance employees in IT infrastructure. Develops relationships with vendors, participates in the research of products and services designed to support the IT infrastructure, identifies IT infrastructure risks, and supports the development of plans for IT infrastructure enhancements.
- Manage a team of highly skilled individual contributors
- Vendor management
- Support audit and compliance activities, ensure site infrastructure is compliant to all UTC policies
- Identify and plan End User Services projects to support strategic and operational requirements for Collins Aerospace
- Deploy world class technology and streamlined processes to enhance the Collins Aerospace Digital environment
- Manage several projects at once leveraging contracted teams as needed to implement projects related to infrastructure
- Develop, manage and execute projects to maintain software and hardware currency in the computing environment, such as technology refreshes and upgrades
- Work with DXC and UTC, and coordinate with the global Digital teams to manage service levels, projects and performance related to relevant outsourcing agreements
- Manage UTC driven infrastructure projects and lead Collins Aerospace participation in relevant Passport reviews and planning activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience/Skills Required or Preferred:
- A minimum of three years of experience leading teams in an IT support or PM environment required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly-motivated, self-directed, and able to effectively lead efforts including the delivery of complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrates proficiency in IT areas of analytical thinking and innovation
- Demonstrates leadership and collaboration skills, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and demonstrates ability to perform root cause analyses
- Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related fields required.
Industry accreditations (ITIL) are preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms