General Management Intern (Summer 2020)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01341793 Date posted 08/21/2019 City Troy State Ohio Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems business help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely every day. From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading a six week business portfolio strategy development process, including the evaluation and analysis of strategic options and presentation of recommendations to senior leaders
- Working side-by-side with the Vice President and General Manager of the business unit on a variety of general management projects tailored to the intern’s interests and development needs; Examples of the types of topics that may be selected are competitive analysis, new product introduction, new business pursuits, business metrics, program management and organizational health.
Education / Certifications:
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a related field from an accredited institution.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Basic Qualifications:
- Must be pursuing a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a related field from an accredited institution
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience defining and executing analytic models to facilitate business decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communications and executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms