Supervisor - Weekend Shift - OperationsBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01311007 Date posted 04/21/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Supervisor - Operations for our Weekend shift in North Berwick, ME.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Job Summary -
- Responsible for providing leadership to one or more Business Unit Cells
- Apply ACE, lean and other continuous improvement techniques to develop and implement process improvement initiatives aimed at increasing quality, throughput and delivery integrity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to multi-skilled group of team members engaged in the manufacture and repair of jet engine components.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Execute business decisions in a fair and equitable manner, conduct annual performance reviews, hold regular toolbox meetings, provide two-way communications, consistent application of policy/work rules, clear, consistent communication of organizational goals and objectives.
- Able to bridge business objectives across (3) operating shifts.
- Requires availability on all shifts.
- Support all Company obligations as they relate to Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, contracting with the United States Government and Administration of FAA policies and procedures.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelor's Degree with 0 - 2+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations, AS degree with 3+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations, OR in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma/GED with 6+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations.
Preferred Qualifications -
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation & coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving & mathematic skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, processes and procedures
- Must be flexible relative to department assignment and available for off-shift work
- Proven flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize
- Working knowledge of new product / process technologies
- Strong computer skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms