Project Controller (Japan)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 17065 Date posted 04/15/2019 City Tokyo State Tokyo Country Japan
Collins Aerospace, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We are hiring for PROJECT CONTROLLER, to join our Asia Pacific Finance team based in Tokyo (Japan). This position reports to the Manager, Project Management.
As a Project Controller, you will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of projects for the duration of the project lifecycle. The Project Controller need to liaise with all team members to ensure the project deadlines are met internally thus ensuring timely delivery to the clients.
Provides project management expertise by planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating functional department activities to achieve cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
Join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE!
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with project managers/account managers to ensure that all budgeting, scheduling and coordination processes run smoothly.
- Liaises with vendor to obtain quotations, price negotiation, issue purchase requisition and follow up invoices
- Prepares monthly usage billing for Airports businesses
- Undertakes financial modelling to forecasting project costs; including labor, materials, equipment and subcontractors
- Assists project manager to set up right project process according to internal ISO policies
- Accountable for shipping and compliance; coordinates with supplier for shipment readiness and work with shipping team for shipment pick up
- Attends project kick off meeting, monthly program review meeting
- Any other ad-hoc as assigned by the leader
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree in technical/business related discipline
- At least two or more relevant years’ experience as a Finance/Accounting Assistant and/or Project Assistant/Coordinator. Prior regional Asia Pacific exposure although is beneficial but not a must.
- Certified in Project Management Professional (PMP) will be added advantage
- Possess hands-on knowledge of financial analysis techniques which demonstrated in ability to develop status/projection report and develop various analysis reports
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) is prerequisite (e.g. nested if functions, vlook up, pivot table, etc)
- Proficiency in Japanese and English is a must
- A natural collaborator and able to communicate with people effectively, persuasively and respectfully
- Must be able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks to meet the needs of external clients and internal colleagues
- Highly motivated, meticulous, strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Willing to learn new things and able to learn fast, shown interest in Finance and Project Management