Staff Engineer, Design for ValueBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01304450 Date posted 04/10/2019 City Syracuse State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Staff Engineer, Heat Transfer
Business Unit Carrier
State New York
Country United States
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions.
The candidate will be a key member of Carrier’s Heat Transfer Group, which provides advanced heat exchanger technologies to Carrier’s global HVAC&R product portfolio. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to lead the development of advanced heat exchanger technologies, modeling tools, and value engineering for the broad range of Carrier’s HVACR products. He/she will collaborate with other technology experts, product design groups, supply chain partners, and academic institutions to develop new opportunities that improve the performance, cost, and reliability of Carrier products.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide strategic technical vision to structure and guide technology development programs during a tollgate approval process.
• Manage project activities and deliver on-time solutions to internal customers.
• Develop, validate, and implement advanced heat exchanger technologies across a broad range of Carrier products.
• Benchmark, develop, validate, and implement optimum heat exchanger fabrication processes parameters by leveraging internal and external capabilities and resources.
• Apply and further develop should cost analysis tools for value engineering of heat exchangers
• Apply state-of-the-art design and simulation tools to optimize heat exchanger cost performance.
• Drive continuous improvement in the methods and tools used to design and manufacture heat exchangers.
• Provide support to cross-functional product development teams to ensure successful transition to production of new heat exchanger technologies in Carrier products.
• Coordinate laboratory testing to develop and verify new technology concepts.
• Provide coaching and develop talent within the organization.
BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years relevant experience
MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years relevant experience
• Demonstrated project management and leadership capability.
• Multi-disciplinary knowledge of HVAC&R technologies and system design.
• Ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3+ years of fabrication/manufacturing experience; Production or Manufacturing Engineering Leadership experience a plus.
• Willingness and ability to travel for short periods of time in support of initiatives and programs both domestic and international.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sheet metal forming, fabrication and joining processes, techniques and knowledge of manufacturing equipment (hands on experience preferred)
• Direct experience in the design and application of heat exchangers commonly used in the HVAC&R industry.
• Proficiency with modern experimental methods, instrumentation, measurement systems, and data reduction.
- Experience with costing practices and/or Design for Value techniques
• Background in mechanical, fabrication, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics preferred
Position is located in Syracuse, NY. Relocation assistance will be considered.
Masters preferred, in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with emphasis in thermal sciences.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms