Sound & Vibration Technology InternBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01374504 Date posted 12/09/2019 City Syracuse State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Carrier Corporation’s Sound and Vibration Technology group in Syracuse, NY, is seeking a qualified undergraduate or graduate student candidate for an internship position in summer 2020. The S&V group develops acoustic and vibration modeling methods and technology solutions for Carrier’s diverse portfolio of HVACR products. This internship offers an opportunity to work and learn alongside practicing engineers and to assist in projects that will directly affect products under development and deployed in the field. Interns will gain experience in experimental laboratory work as well as in analytical and modeling methods for sound & vibration technology applied to a variety of practical engineering problems. Applicants should be self-motivated individuals, ideally with some background in acoustics and/or vibration, such as related undergraduate coursework or research experience.
- Work with other members of the S&V team on development projects involving acoustic and vibration experimental and computational methods
- Develop practical engineering skills while seeing a primary project to completion
- Summarize progress and findings in weekly meetings and in a final report to management
- Structural dynamics
- Courses related to acoustics, applied mathematics, or signal processing are a plus.
- Familiarity with the following software is desirable:
- ANSYS mechanical
- Comsol, MSC One, other multi-physics CAE packages
- Previous research experience in a laboratory environment is a plus.
- Previous acoustics and/or vibration research is a plus.
- Good communication and organizational skills are required.
Pursuing a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or acoustical engineering/science with particular emphasis on and interest in acoustics and vibration.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms