Lab TechnicianBusinesses UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 61787BR Date posted 02/22/2018 City Syracuse State New York Country US
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Provide technical/testing support to the RCS CMU engineering group.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Fabricate and assemble testing apparatuses to support the testing and development of commercial HVAC products
- Accurately record and document test data utilizing data systems and database(s)
- Understanding and interpretation of HVAC product certification standards
- Performing electrical and mechanical modifications to test units and components
- When required, troubleshoot instrumentation, lab support equipment, and test software
- Collect, organize, and communicate test data to the engineer responsible for the project
- Review and analyze all test data collected and report discrepancies and findings
- Follow standard procedures and standard work, and provide input on those processes when needed
- Keep accurate records of all work performed
Candidate must have demonstrated refrigeration, mechanical, and electrical background, including:
- Working knowledge of refrigeration cycles and components used within those cycles required.
- Basic HVAC trouble shooting skills preferred, electrical and mechanical servicing of HVAC equipment helpful but not required
- Electrical schematic reading and troubleshooting components and circuits
- Strong Electrical knowledge of electrical power distribution associated components, low voltage control
- Experience working in a matrix environment, comfortable working on teams providing and receiving input from multiple people
- Proficiency with brazing preferred
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Safety oriented a must with combustible and pressurized gases, electrical equipment, and power tools
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities with very short notice
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow oral and written instructions
- Associate's degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two years duration)
- 5+ years HVAC experience
- Refrigerant Recovery certification EPA608 Universal
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.