Senior Subcontracts ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01319363 Date posted 05/23/2019 City Sterling State Virginia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
This position is responsible for the leadership and management of the overall planning, development and execution of major subcontract initiatives and industrial procurements to support Enterprise goals, objectives, and expected financial results. The position supports Collins business units by developing and managing performance based subcontracts that support enterprise strategies and achieve enterprise objectives through a continual focus on the reduction of Rockwell Collins total cost of ownership (TCO). The expectation is that this position will collaborate, via Supply Chain Management processes, with the Collins business units to drive consistent enterprise wide subcontracting and program management focus as well as maintain a strong emphasis on performance based supplier relationships. Responsible for the project/program management of the subcontract consistent with the prime contract, business plan or annual operating plans, to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and ethics.
- Shares accountability for the planning, development and execution of major subcontract initiatives and industrial procurements throughout the global Enterprise consistent with the related prime contract, business plan or annual operating plan.
- Strategically manages the subcontracting function of the Enterprise. Ensures subcontracts support Enterprise strategies through continual focus on the reduction of total cost of ownership. Ensures that the subcontract function has ownership of creating supply chain strategy for key pursuits and throughout program life cycle. Oversees subcontract program/project cost, schedule and risk of programs. Maintains a strong emphasis on performance-based supplier relationships.
- Conducts internal and external cadence reviews with subcontract administrators and internal customers.
- Presents program status at program reviews and to senior leadership, communicating with all levels of the Enterprise.
- Collaborates with and supports all business units to drive consistent subcontracting and program management focus. Develops and manages performance-based subcontracts, acting as a resource for contracts, interpretation of business law, terms and conditions, and supplier financial analysis. Interfaces with business unit leadership to resolve subcontracting issues and set strategic direction for all subcontracts. Ensures monitoring and reporting of subcontractors via departmental, M&S Scorecard and PMO cadence reviews.
- Establishes and implements consistent subcontracting policies and procedures enterprise-wide. Ensures compliance with all import and export rules and regulations. Provides interpretation and leadership to ensure good business practices consistent with government and Enterprise policies, procedures and ethics.
- Leads the creation of the strategic financial and annual operating plans, establishes departmental objectives, and manages the department budget.
- Ensures contract awards are completed on time, in a consistent format, and meet all DOA requirements.
- Provides leadership, guidance and training to area subcontract employees. Communicates Enterprise goals and responds to assistance requests from assigned regional subcontract locations. Creates optimal staffing plan and ensure the proper balance of skill sets exist to effectively support internal customers. Identifies and develops leadership within the team. Selects, develops and manages the performance of the team members.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience, In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have 8 years of experience in subcontracts/program management.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms