Principal Technical Project Manager - Mission Simulation & TrainingBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 15861 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Sterling State Virginia Country United States
Requisition ID: 15861
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Become part of an exciting team focused on the development of the systems and software for US Department of Defense training systems. This department is responsible for platforms ranging from the B-52, JSTARS, E-3 AWACS and technologies such as Cyber Security and Live, Virtual, Constructive enablers.
The Simulator & Training Systems (STS) Fixed Wing and Mission Systems Engineering department at Collins Aerospace seeks a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to lead a team of engineers in the development of new and exciting simulation systems and products. The TPM serves as the single point of contact for engineering on a development project. Responsible for the technical leadership and project management of the design & development activities, within the guidelines set by the LCVSM/Program Manager and Customer. This TPM position will include a large component focused on bid and pursuit support, serving as the lead on complex pursuit activities. Other program possibilities for the TPM include C-130, JSTARS, B-52, E-3 and other Air Force programs. Candidate should have prior engineering experience with simulation systems or strong knowledge from avionics subsystem software domains such as flight displays or flight management systems.
Candidates must have strong technical, leadership and organizational skills as well as project management experience. The candidate will be expected to spend a significant portion of their time in a direct technical role. The candidate should show the ability to unleash energy within a team through passion and enthusiasm.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with Executive Managers, Program Managers and Operations Managers across all business areas within Collins Aerospace. In addition to communication with those functional areas, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to create and leverage powerful networks.
Experience in supporting pursuit activities, including bids and proposals is also desired.
- Engineering Information Data hub (Single point of contact for LCVSM, Ops, Configuration Management (CM), Security, Design Assurance Center (DAC), etc)
- Multi-disciplinary engineering team leader for systems, software, electrical, mechanical, and quality
- Customer’s Technical Interface
- Responsible to guide engineering development in accordance with the Technically Consistent Process (TCP), requirements, budget and schedule
- Works with group manager to ensure that the project is appropriately staffed. Identifies resource issues and works with group management to resolve, escalating to department management if needed.
- Leads Technical Risk and Opportunity mitigation tasks
- Leads engineering bid efforts
- Provides input to Decision Point material
- This position may require occasional travel both domestically and internationally
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance.
- Must have a software development background and the ability to show understanding of software development concepts such as MOSA, Object Oriented Design, Multi-threaded coding, etc.
- Must have experience with performing bid and pursuit efforts.
- Must be able to show experience in leading a team.
- Experience in avionics simulation systems development, verification/validation, and interfaces would be beneficial.
- Strong teamwork orientation is a must.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes and requirements and design capture tools including DOORS, ALM, Jama, ClearQuest, Subversion and PREP (or similar peer review tool) is desirable.
- Candidate must be well organized and able to communicate effectively with engineering, leadership and customers.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.