Energy Analyst (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01318203 Date posted 05/28/2019 City St.Louis State Missouri Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAM76: NORESCO Jefferson Barracks Dr , St.Louis, MO, 63125 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The Energy Analyst/DDC Systems Specialist position requires a great deal of interaction with Customers as well as NORESCO staff including Energy Engineers, Operations & Maintenance Managers, Project Developers, Construction Managers, and Measurement and Verification (M&V) Engineers. The Energy Analyst will be representing NORESCO at the Customer sites. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that the candidate possesses strong leadership skills, professionalism, as well as a strong technical background, and excellent communication skills.
Here are the responsibilities for this position:
The Energy Analyst will provide energy management and ongoing commissioning services for newly installed Building Automation Systems (BAS) at NORESCO’s Customer sites.
- System Optimization: Further refine the HVAC DDC sequences and programs as needed to ensure systems are operating optimally. Meet with Customer BAS Manager to discuss issues and problems with the system and keep a running issues log and make recommendations for changes to sequences or programming to be implemented.
- Alarm Reviews/Resolution: Review the system alarm histories to identify possible system problems. The energy engineer will investigate causes behind alarms in order to mitigate system deficiencies and resolve operational problems.
- Sequence Monitoring and Issue Resolution: Query the system for control points and time of day schedules that are overridden or in manual mode. Working with Customer’s maintenance staff, the energy analyst will identify the reason(s) for manual overrides and present a corrective action plan to the BAS Manager.
- Trend Checks: Regularly check that all required BAS data trends and histories are being collected and stored properly. These reviews will be as often as necessary, but not less than once a quarter. Regularly review the histories to identify any problems that may be identified.
- Trend Reports: Using NORESCO’s data analytics tool, collect trend data from the BAS and provide trend reports, including a summary status table, in a visually appealing and easy to understand format for each building indicating how well each piece of equipment is performing. The energy analyst will identify potential BAS issues and savings opportunities from trend data available and forward the information to the BAS Manager and discuss resolution. Provide a report with an action plan to address identified issues.
- Submeter Data Review: Review consumption data collected by submeters and reports generated by the dashboard program to identify anomalies. Changes to consumption patterns may indicate possible deficiencies (e.g., pipe leak, temperature setpoint or sequence override) that need to be investigated and corrected. These reviews will be performed on a quarterly basis to ensure issues are quickly found and addressed.
- Functional Testing: As part of resolving potential issues identified by the monitoring activities outlined above, functional testing of equipment and sequences will occasionally be required to identify the scope of repairs or replacements. Any necessary functional testing will be witnessed by the Energy Analyst, who will assist in development of a scope of work for the functional tests and will assist in interpreting the results.
- Quarterly Reporting: Attend quarterly status meetings with each of the Customer’s Energy Managers to discuss HVAC system and controls issues, especially those that affect guaranteed savings. A meeting will include a review of the quarter’s non-compliance issues and statuses. Generate quarterly status report.
Education / Certifications
BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree preferred
Certified Energy Manager
Experience / Qualifications
- 5 years experience in Energy Engineering, Commissioning or Energy Management
- Proficient with BAS platforms including Niagara AX, JCI, ALC, Siemens and Schneider Electric
- Proficient in data analytics with a focus on BAS trend data
- Proficient in interpreting BAS controls sequences into controller logic and reverse engineering the controller logic to derive the sequence.
- Ability to use information from the BAS systems and facilities to diagnose potential mechanical or controls related issues.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills a must
- A valid DL must be held and maintained in order for the candidate to perform duties.
- Must have the ability to pass stringent background checks in order to be allowed to gain access to customer’s network where necessary.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms